Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Crested Butte for the weekend for the usual creeks. But I was wondering if anyone knows if Schofield Pass is drivable yet at least down to the top of the punchbowls. Looking for some North Fork Action, if the road is passable.

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its doubtful - tons of snow up there when I was up high last weekend, and Hagerman, etc still closed - but call the Forest Service office in Carbondale or CB, they usually have the best beta on that

·
Registered
15 Posts
we were up just hiking around the other day... there are huge snow blockages before you even hit Emerald Lake- the county is planning on busting through it but it hasn't happened yet. So you could hike in, but it would be a bit of a hike from your car, and there's a huge snow slide right at the top of the nasty part of the pass (ie right before the bowls)... Bring the snowshoes! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tried getting up there last weekend. It's not passable right now. There's a huge slide before you even get to the lake. I'm worried it may not even clear up all summer, but we'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts