Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on Amazon. Works awesome. Fits snugly inside the pour spout. Has ridges that need smoothing with sandpaper. Took two minutes. It’s awesome and cheap. Rechargeable. Water Bottle Pump 5 Gallon - CHIVENIDO Drinking Water Pump for 5 Gallon Bottle with Water Bottle Caps 3 to 5 Gallon Reusable Screw Top or Crown Tops USB Charging Automatic Water Jug Dispenser for Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YQXTLC...abc_4VZWSW986T637F4Q3NPH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
What the heck, for $12 bucks I'll try one. How many gallons did you get out of a charge? The ad only says "Lasts a long time" which is not very specific

Reactions: VanHalli

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
I wouldn't, simply because you would be using a contaminated finger to push the button to turn it on, and then after washing your hands you would recontaminate your finger turning it off

Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
No, I don't think that's the solution lol I just remember ranger Peggy's admonition about coffee cups in the morning and the groover. It makes me think about stuff like that

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What the heck, for $12 bucks I'll try one. How many gallons did you get out of a charge? The ad only says "Lasts a long time" which is not very specific
I think I read 40 gallons worth? It works so well I ordered another one for a back up. And I usually bring a huge Milwaukee cordless battery so I can recharge phones and things like this.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How long to fill a Nalgene?
I just got it and filled half of my Nalgene in probably 20 seconds or so, it’s pretty fast definitely not going to be the bottle neck in your morning routine. I bought it because I bring that jug in my camper for drinking water, but it’s definitely going on the boat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you think this could be used as a hand washing station? Thoughts?
I thought about that as well. As long as you pre-filtered your water pretty decently ( if you are using river water) I think you could turn it on and off with your elbow as the button is huge, it’s bigger than a half dollar.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
M18? What are you using to convert 18V down to 5v without too much power loss? Did you use/build a buck convertor?

The adapter I have isn't impressive for phone charges vs battery discharge.
I use a 12 amp hour M 18 Milwaukee battery and the little slide top deal that has a 12 V output and a USB, it’s served me pretty well so far. I do have some 12 V buck transformer chip boards that are good for about 3 A a piece that I have Used to run rigid LED pod lights from M 18 batteries I could probably dig around and find the info on them if you were interested

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I have a couple of Amazon M18 to 18v nicad tool adapters (both MKE V18 and DeWalt) with built-in USB adapters, but they drain a 3.0ah battery 2 bars for each phone charge...but a 12ah XP has tons-o-power on tap, so you'd probably never notice!!

Just curious if you were using bucks; I can figure them out if I decide it's important, no need to dig.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've used these on charter sailboats in Mexico for drinking and cooking water. They're very convenient and a lot better than lifting a 5 gallon jug ever time you want to fill a bottle. I recall pumping at least 15 (maybe 20?) gallons before having to recharge. Definitely going to have to buy one for rafting now. I have the spout that Scepter sells, but it's more of an inconvenience than just pouring straight from the tank, so it never gets used.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts