Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
salmon challis NF just posted this. Just a FYI if you are taking off the middle fork.

U.S. Forest Service - Salmon-Challis National Forest
5 hrs ·
The SCAT machine at the Newland Ranch Human Waste Disposal Site is not functioning. A hopper has been set up to allow users to hand wash their toilets. Please see the pictures of the set up at Newland and how to use the hopper. The Forest is currently working on getting the SCAT machine running.

pic showing the hopper system

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the update. I don’t know but I’m not smiling like the lady in that photo during the cleaning process.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its from the usfs facebook page so you are spot on there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wag Bags or similar come to mind. More of a hassle to use at camps than a regular groover, but not having to worry about whether or not the SCAT machine is working at the end of a trip - well worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were the group that was using it when it broke. Damn thing ate our groover in the process thanks to the locking doors.

And before anyone asks, we had nothing in our tank except human waste and TP 🙂

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the schedule for reopening the forest sites newland ranch was scheduled to Open may 16th.. I have not heard otherwise so it should be up and running

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Montana goes to our next stage of re-opening on June one as well, I am simply going to avoid the stink-eye on both sides of the border and stay in Montana until then.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Scat machine up and running at Newland ranch this year?
Update May 13th includes this:

The SCAT machine at Newland Ranch is closed, but the waste station will have the hopper available, as well as a hose and water for rinsing porta-potties, and dumpsters for garbage.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may take the family for a drive down river this weekend.. if I do I will swing in and check it out.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scat machine at newland ranch is back up and running.. The hopper will remain in place also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts