Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Was here
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Colleagues,

I've got a question that I'd like some advice/input on. On my 16' PVC SB Raft, I've got the Leafield C7 fill valve in the rear of the boat floor, and the pop-off valve for over pressure in the front. I'm wondering if I can simply swap valves (front to rear) by pulling the bases through the chamber and re-torquing? This will allow me to top off the floor without unloading a bunch of gear. Right now the floor doesn't leak, I just want the option in the future and was wondering what configuration others had on their floor valves.

Thanks for any input.

·
Was here
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great questions. Floor is welded in/baffled. I have been running it backwards in the past, but am getting tired of the big yellow warning sticker and serial number section of the boat. Also, there are a few more D-rings in the area with the warning sticker, so I'm thinking it was designed for being the rear of the boat and cargo area. My thoughts are to just swap ends and valves...

Seems easy enough, just looking to see if the standard is to put the filler valve in the front.

·
Was here
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should have posted a poll... What's everybody have for valve configuration on their floors?

·
Registered
643 Posts
most of the boats i've used have had either both valves in back, or prv in rear and operational valve in front. On the C7 valve the guts come out when you unscrew the valve, and I'm pretty sure that the backs of both the PRV and the filler valve are the same. Should be a really easy 5 minute deal to switch 'em and put 'em wherever you want.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, the backs are different, but I bet you could fish the backs fore/aft as necessary without too much trouble..

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Maybe I should have posted a poll... What's everybody have for valve configuration on their floors?
Hyside & Sotar.....both valves together on the same end. I had Sotar build mine with both valves in the bow for easy access.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts