Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with trailers from Sawtooth Welding? I've been interested in a raft trailer from Fish Craft but they must be too busy to return my calls and emails. Just unloaded my utility trailer and looking for something designed specifically for rafts/cats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I personally not get any trailer from saw tooth welding my 7x12 with oar storage has been plagued by poor workmanship
You are buying a home made trailer built by unskilled labor

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
Randy from sawtooth makes nice trailers. His shop is only 2 miles from my house. he's turned out quite a few the last couple of years. I don't personally own one, but a friend of mine does. and it's quite nice. I do have one of those trailers on my wish list at the moment.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Many happy boaters with the sawtooth welding trailers, I'm curious is it a better trailer than the Rapid Rig?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like mine, no issues in the 3 years I've had it. I was close to buying the Rapid Rig but then saw the stellar reviews he was getting on here so I bought it from him instead for a lot less. Really liked the ability to customize it to our needs.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My place of employment bought a sawtooth trailer this spring for rental operations. I like it. We did modify the sides to stay up better when driving that way, sealed the wood decking and changed the light plugs to a different adapter.

He customized the side/top decking for us for free. I think we got a custom box size for free too. He delivered it 200+ miles when he missed the pick-up date due to a family emergency.

It has handled all of the trips so far without problem. I borrow it whenever possible. I will buy one at some point for myself based on my personal experience with it.

Things I would change: put in a flip down bar at the rear center that would hold up the deck so the rear gate is easier to close when a raft is loaded and strapped.

Maybe a higher winch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts