Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

Working on making some decisions on a trailer and have been interested in the Sawtooth 7x12 deck over and have been trying to debate having another 2ft added on front for drybox/cooler storage or potential for a motorcycle for shuttle down the road. Curious if any buzzards have any photos to share so I can work on final design.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 8x14 being made by randy right now. I don't know how close to completing it he is but he might have photos soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You gonna carry a 16' or 14' rig? I was thinking the 12' to carry a 14' Hyside XT and having the cooler/drybox platform on the trailer tongue. Maybe I should just get the 14' trailer I can't make up my mind. Send along some photos when you get them.

Also are you driving up to pick it up or having it shipped?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My boat is a 16'. The extra width for snowmobiles. Probably going to go pick it up. Will definitely post photos when I get it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sawtooth trailer

Here are some observations. I have a 12' trailer and haul a 16' boat. It fits perfectly but my boat has a lot of rocker. It's a great trailer.

Make sure the hinges and stops for the clam shell tops are installed correctly.
Pay extra and get the best trailer tires available or replace the tires immediately after you pick the trailer up.
My tongue is 63" long. It doesn't need an extension even if I want to add a box or bike.
You might consider an extension for the winch if you have a big, flat boat, but that might possibly interfere with your plans to add a bike tray on the front.
The spare tire is in a bad spot. I moved mine to the front.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
I have a jet boat over at randy's getting some work done to it and it's trailer right now. I'll be over there this week if anybody wants progress pictures on their trailers. he has several in different stages right now. I think one of those trailers will by my next purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here are some observations. I have a 12' trailer and haul a 16' boat. It fits perfectly but my boat has a lot of rocker. It's a great trailer.

Make sure the hinges and stops for the clam shell tops are installed correctly.
Pay extra and get the best trailer tires available or replace the tires immediately after you pick the trailer up.
My tongue is 63" long. It doesn't need an extension even if I want to add a box or bike.
You might consider an extension for the winch if you have a big, flat boat, but that might possibly interfere with your plans to add a bike tray on the front.
The spare tire is in a bad spot. I moved mine to the front.
I have the same setup and agree with cmharris, including the spare location. I'm hoping to add the bike hauler. There's plenty of space inside for all the gear and dry boxes to support several boats, I haven't even thought about putting a cooler on the outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts