Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Training Camp - May 18-20, 2012. Sign up now through Jan 31 and save $60!! Come join your Colorado Whitewater friends at Training Camp, the CW's largest annual event. You can learn new skills, meet new paddling buddies and build confidence on the water by paddling with skilled kayakers. Off-river activities will include group dinner and breakfast, plenty of campfire time and even live entertainment!​

Go to www.ColoradoWhitewater.org for more info about CW membership (only $30 per year) and the New Year's Sale for Training Camp!​

Admin: Please sticky in Boaters Forum as CW is a 501c3 nonprofit.​

·
Red Beard
25 Posts
I posted this yesterday on the CW forum but have not received a response yet I know this site gets more traffic, so here it is again.

Is training camp included in the mental toughness course - or is it just suggested as a good additional course to take? The note on the mental toughness course isn't very clear. If you could only take one, which would you suggest?

I've got one season under my belt, but I tend to panic when I get upside down. I do okay if I don't hit anything when I get upside down, but panic as soon as I hit something. I'd say my combat roll is 50%. My flat water on-side roll is 100% off-side roll is 60%.

This note (found here: http://coloradowhitewater.org/Default.aspx?pageId=527825&eventId=417271&EventViewMode=EventDetails) isn't quite clear:
*NOTE: In addition to the two river trip days, please also sign up for Training Camp.

So do you get both for $130, or does it cost $230 for both? It's not quite clear to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just volunteer with some classes but I'll try to help: I believe that Training Camp is included in the Mental Toughness. It is actually it's own class that meets a few times in the winter pool sessions and culminates with two days of instruction during Training Camp. You might need to pay for camping but I believe that the TC portion is included.??? Maybe Patty can confirm this???

Training Camp is held at Cotopaxi on the Arkansas River. Follow the link for more info. It is a fun way to kick the season off.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
As to the Mental Toughness/TC question... Think of it as Part A and Part B with the commitment to the progam as whole. You will need to register and pay seperately for each component. When you sign up for Training Camp, you will indicate that you will be taking the Mental Toughness portion that weekend.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Laurie and Peter. Sorry - I did not see the questions recently. Must've had my reply notification turned off. And yes - BVWP1 - we have always made sure that our event does not interfere with CKS's Paddlefest as we know lots of people like to do both and we have a great amount of respect for Earl and CKS as a whole.

Any questions - feel free to email me directly [email protected]

Patty Pinkham "PattyNYCO"
CW Training Camp Coordinator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts