Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I know this has been gone over before here but the search isn't cooperating with me since the transition.

Anybody have a good recommendation on satellite phone rental companies they have used? Are there any local (Front Range) or is it all mail order?

Thanks!!
Cory

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
I just bought a phone from these guys and the customer service was good.
Did you get a plan from them as well? Did the advertised buyin of 60 bucks or so prove to be accurate? How does the phone work for you if you had to use it?

Sorry for all the questions I'm really thinking of buying one too since I do all these darn river trips every year. Thanks,

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sat. Phone

I just got the thing last week so I haven't really used it much other than checking to see if I got a signal outside my house. I'm in a little different of a situation because I got it for commercial use in Central America. The package for an emergency seems to be to buy a SIM card with 500 minutes that are good for 2 years. They cost about $600, so you have about $25 a month in expense after the initial investment of $1500 or so for the phone. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts