Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
tytanr
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have confirmation that the San Miguel is running 1000 cfs plus? May plan a trip over on Sunday or Monday. Would like to share shuttle with anyone planning to be out either of those days.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bingo, yes it is at this moment, but if you pull-up the USGS site which is right below American Whitewater site you can get an idea of how she goes. Better get over here quickly cause this river drops like a rock and soon. We will have a crew of about 3 maybe 4 going up Sunday afternoon, doing Sawpit all the way to norwoodbridge. Forget about the Ledges section shuttle is almost 1.5 hrs. and definitely not worth it. The best section is actually the commercially run section from Claddis Flats to norwood bridge. Call me at 970-497-6512. Also anyone else on frontrange wanting to join.

·
tytanr
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
San Miguel

Would you mind one more in your group? Anyone else from the junction area want to make the trip with me?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our 2 boat group is contemplating a float on Sunday.

How long would Sawpit to Norwood bridge take? how many miles?

I'm happy to help coordinate shuttles, etc.

-Will

970 903 Eight One 83

·
Registered
314 Posts
It really depends on your actual put-in and actual take-out. The put-in at silverpick rd. all the way down to norwood bridge is about 25+ miles, maybe more. Iwould just take-out at lower beaver about 2 or 3 miles before bridge, its much easier to do. The sawpit section is pretty intense so be on your A-game. A flip in this section makes for a long day. I'd stop at placerville for break because that's almost the halfway point of the run. They have a real nice park with picnic tables and restrooms. Like to join but camping with family in Ouray for fathers day. Lots of run options on that river. Call me and we can chat, 497-6512!

·
tytanr
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
San Miguel

Sorry, wish I could make it this coming weekend but have other obligations. Hopefully the flows will hold for one more week. Was surprised to see them come up again this week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts