Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
sorry, my bad. I was referring to the sections above placerville. Not sure of whats going on btw pville and caddis. have not heard of any closures locally though. I'll ask about that stretch tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A couple weeks ago they had signage at all the put ins about a river wide log jam above caddis, below placerville. With rising water that may have changed. I haven't heard anything either way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those signs about the closure below Caddis were from a few seasons ago. ****** wrapped a raft on the large strainer and shifted the log and the entire river to the left when they pulled the boat off. There is an easy line on the right though Strainerville. Read and run.

The gauge for the San Miguel is not accurate. It is currently reading 1,200 cfs, but it is really at about 2,000 cfs. It seems like whenever our river gets near 2,000 the gauge breaks down.

The San Miguel is at a great level. Be safe and heads up for wood.

·
Registered
808 Posts
actually the guage was recently adjusted and corrected. the river is running consistent with the guage reading now, roughly 1300 cfs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like it changed course with the higher flow. There is a log almost River wide before Caddis and is visible from the road. I saw some commercial groups running the saw pit and Caddis to Beaver sections yesterday.

·
Registered
307 Posts
With decreasing flows: @ 500cfs, the "unboatable section" +/- 3.4 mi. above Caddis is boatable but kinda sketchy. The left channel is the only option in play. First there is a mandatory beat down under some branches, then a river wide log jam forces a sketchy scoot through the branches move (I had to highside a bit here) rtsideup! This was rowing a 11'6" Phatcat, any bigger, don't go.

·
Registered
307 Posts
On the other side: the Sawpit rapid moved around and changed at high flows. Commercials are running it on the left with 14' paddle crews. It was easy peasy in my Phatcat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Actually the gauge is off... It was about 800 CFS on Sunday. Don't think that channel will run at 500.

It's a great level from bilk to down valley park.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts