Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
San Juan Boaters,

I've been getting quite a few questions about how to read the San Juan launch schedule on Recreation.gov to check permit availability. Unlike other rivers on Rec.gov, we have multiple launch limit parameters, which can make it confusing to read. Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link below for clarification on the launch schedule and other frequently asked questions this month. Good luck on March 16th!

San Juan River Permit Lottery and Reservations FAQ

Silas Sparks
Recreation Assistant
Monticello BLM

·
Registered
169 Posts
screwed

Won a permit for june 9th, but unlike every other lottery groups size needed to be set at the start. So now I can only go solo unless anybody with unconfirmed lottery permits for the 9th launch know if they are reducing their group's size. I'd be sweet to know before march 16th. there are still a couple unconfirmed groups. Maybe they'll forget to pay. yah right... I'm screwed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This is way too complicated. They should just charge one base fee for the trip and forget about exactly how many are on the trip as long as they dont exceed the limit.

·
Donkey Punch
83 Posts
Won a permit for june 9th, but unlike every other lottery groups size needed to be set at the start. So now I can only go solo unless anybody with unconfirmed lottery permits for the 9th launch know if they are reducing their group's size. I'd be sweet to know before march 16th. there are still a couple unconfirmed groups. Maybe they'll forget to pay. yah right... I'm screwed.
So you applied for a permit requesting a size of 1? What in the hell were you thinking? Come on man, surely you knew you would get a group of lets say at least 6. No room for :cry: cause you didn't throw out a random number more creative than 1.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What was I thinking? I was thinking that I could adjust my group size before I confirm my lottery permit like I can on every other lottery permit I apply for. Who wants to pay for a permit and then turn around and try and get a refund from rec.gov? Didn't place blame.... just venting about being in a lame situation. Got anymore salt in your pocket you'd like to toss my way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts