Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rec.gov claims you can only have one permit this year for the San Juan. When trying to pick up available permits on the calendar, error message comes up saying I have good taste but I’ve exceeded my permit limit as I already have 1 reservation for the San Juan. Called the river office and they said that’s not true.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hate to see permits go to waste:(

·
Super Moderator
4,258 Posts
... error message comes up saying I have good taste but I’ve exceeded my permit limit as I already have 1 reservation for the San Juan. Called the river office and they said that’s not true.
They said you don't have good taste?

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
I believe you can have one permit at a time only, but if invited on someone else's permit can go on more than one trip.

Andy, funny but cruel LMAO

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe you can have one permit at a time only, but if invited on someone else's permit can go on more than one trip.
That'd be real surprising if you couldn't go on someone else's permit, since you're not even required to submit your roster for any of the rec.gov permits I've gotten.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a cancellation permit and ran a trip in mid April. After the trip I tried to get another permit but got the good taste rejection message. When we launched on my first trip I even ask the ranger if I was limited to one trip a year. He was unaware of the one trip issue that seems to be happening.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, I recon party members with appropriate taste could secure a permit as no roster of team members is required. However, it seems that the larger question still remains. Do I only get one trip per year as trip leader?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts