Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one found Salt maps from another source? I made a batch a few years ago and received mixed reviews. The lamination was sub par and delaminated. I would consider giving it another try if there is enough interest. I would scale down the size to legal size waterproof paper. It's been awhile since Ive been down there and would appreciate any updated camp or rapid info. Keeping in mind that I would be doing small volume runs i.e. not ordering a shipping container from china, what would people be willing to pay?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Considering Tonto National Forest makes an online PDF river map and a fold out traditional one... and National Geographic makes waterproof paper/tear resistant paper to print your own and a Salt River Canyon Map with mile markers and labeled rapids (also water/tear proof), I don't have a need for another salt map.

Nikwax also makes MapProof to waterproof regular paper/maps. We've had a map in a bottle of water in our store since 09 I think and it's still in great shape when we pull it out.

If it's under $5 and has an significant advantage over the other three, I might reconsider.

I just put in for permits tonight and can see having extra spots available out of the 15 person limit. I'll post if I get drawn...

-Mr French

1 - 6 of 6 Posts