Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received notification of successful salt permits? All my co-applicants have received the no permit email. I haven't received any email from them. I am hoping that may mean a successful draw, but am getting impatient....

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think all emails for both successful and unsuccessful have been sent out. I know of one person that received a successful email...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nope

I put my application in the mail a week early, haven't heard either way yet. I have 6 buddies who put in as well; I'll try to find out for you buzzards whether they've heard or not.

·
We had a yes and a no last Friday

·
Registered
2 Posts
Extra Room

Some folks from Wyoming are looking to get on the Salt the March 13-15. None of us got permits drawn. If any one has extra room lets me know. Pura Vida.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It has become very clear to me that the permit notification system for the Salt DOES NOT WORK. I know of many people, including two of the seven in my group, who have received nothing. I too was hoping that was a good sign, that maybe my friends were being mailed information because they won.

This happened to me a few years ago when I applied for a permit. I waited and waited, and finally called. When at last I got through to a human being I learned that I had lost in the lottery, and the reason I hadn’t been notified was because they had typed my email address incorrectly.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the rangers on the Salt. They are very nice people and do excellent work around the river. Paperwork, however, is not their forte. Something needs to change. The waitlist system is also antiquated. Those guys need to wake up and smell the 21st Century.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it would be nice if the Salt and all the other rivers went to a online system to apply for permits like the Middle Fork. It makes the whole process much better. I am with whitewaterjunk on this one, use the technology out there and bring this system up to date. Until then dare to dream. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have amigos on the western slope who have not heard yay or nay yet either. And they have good penmanship.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just called and got the Big No. They read me my email correctly and said they can't figure out why I never got it. Looks like one of our group pulled an april 26th. Waa Hoo! Ya all think there will be water to float on that late?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts