Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to a tool show in slc and was wondering if there would be anything good around there this time in the season, sixth water creek is at like 35 cfs, its like an hour from slc, anything else around there that would be worthwhile,thanks

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I ran 6dub at about 35 and it was fun. That being said it was October and nothing else was running. IMO, it's worth doing if you're there and/or jonesing. I don't know the area, but there also may be something closer to where you are. The shuttle for that is brutal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yep, what count said is true. Compared to front range, SLC does not really have any good close paddling options (post runoff). When jonesing many of us SLC maggots do day/weekend trips to murtaugh. It's a three hour drive each way....not bad. Henefer to Taggart section of the Weber river (2+) generally has water but with the highway on one side of the river and train-tracks on the other, I have really got to be jonesing bad to do that. Close proximity to the Boid & Canyons makes up for the short boating season.

·
Registered
35 Posts
6 dub

I went to 6th water 7 weeks ago and it has changed. 90% of the water is being diverted around the first flume drop. It is one of the best drops and generates most the speed in the first part of the run. Also, my opinion is that its not quite the 35 cfs thats being reported. We also pulled out a 6 inch diameter by 8 foot log out of the biggest drop where boats sometimes get pinned. Climb down there and take a look if your going to run it. The log we pulled out was barley visable. Without seeing it we would have been pole vaulted ourselves and done a really good impression of a harpooned whale. In my opinion, not worth it.
When things dry up its pretty bleak here compared to colorado. Maybe someone else will chime in with other ideas.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Interesting. Someone should post a pick of the top drop if it has indeed changed. 1 less drop would make dealing with the road significantly less worth it.

COUNT

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys

Hey thanks alot for the info guys, its always bad to hear some bad news about something you were looking to run, Im pretty dumb tho so I'll probably drive there anyways and check it out 4 hours or so of hell and looking around and no boating, cant even count how many times I have done that, guess its part of the sport, thanks all tho, hey COUNT how was your big south run, did you get any spencers or JW in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts