Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Full moon

Thinking of going the weekend of the 20th. or maybe the next weekend. I like the 20th for the warmer forecast. Mid 60's in Show Low next week should bring additional run-off. I'm guessing over 1,000 for sure. Also the full moon on Monday. Seen many moonrises at Cherry Creek.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be interested if anyone runs a day trip the weekend of the 20th. I would bring a mamba and could use my truck for shuttle but it is small and does not hold much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
as you should, i've been driving up and down the hill all week (phx-flg) with the temps we've been having and NO precip in sight this run off could be short lived- i live in a snowpack area south-east of flag and its dwindled by 1/2 in 5 days, another week of same temps and higher?! better get some now!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, so who would like to jump on this warm bump, and ride this in the next few days, maybe next weekend? Let me know, my brother and I are more than likely going down in two boats...love to have a couple more?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate to say this, I know how precious those winning permits are, but the weather in the area is going to be way above normal for awhile. Not looking good according to my conversation with Don Sullivan this morning -- for much left after the next couple of weeks.

Launching on Thursday late morning, and then launching again on Monday for a 5 night trip. There's room on our trip...get it while you can.

·
Registered
688 Posts
What a total bummer to see this weather stay around. Does anybody know what level the commercial companies stop running trips?

Woke up this morning at 10:13.

They were running trips late last March at 580 CFS. I asked one of the guides and he said they run it a bit lower than that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Launching Saturday morning

Heading down Friday for a Saturday morning launch. Planning to hussle and run 1 overnight. We will be two ex guides, a 13' puma and a 10' sotar cat running both solo.

Anyone interested in a quick 2-1 run?

We'd be down for a shuttle if anyone is launching Saturday morning.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts