Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about doing a mellow float down from Take-out to Moab with
the family, and doing a day-hike up Salt Creek. Anyone have info
on the hike? Is there a trail? Is it a bush-wack?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
If that is the creek/wash near the highway bridge than yes I have hiked it and it was awesome. We started in the park and hiked to the highway and we did it barefoot. It was all sand and a few inches of water the entire 8 miles! The water would disappear sometimes and there was also quicksand here and there but no flash flood debris or rocks. It was a long time ago but that is what I remember about it. Hope we are talking about the same creek. Your feet will be well exfoliated, have fun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be the same creek. Was the one you hiked about 5 miles upstream
from highway 191? It is upstream of Negro Bill and around the Big Loop (or whatever
the gooseneck is called).

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like we are talking different places. Salt Wash crosses under 191 just pass the river road as you are heading away from Moab. Still worth checking out though, there is a small parking lot there with a path leading to the wash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FranBoatMan your actually talking about Courthouse wash.
Jdove If my memory serves me correctly salt wash was about half trail half wash. Not terribly overgrown because there is very little water there. Nice place to hike, but it is going to be damn hot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Ya, it does look like it would be hot!
I'd guess the little ones wouldn't last long.

Thanks,
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts