Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a permit for Main Salmon River in June. Last year jet boats couldn't get up river from Riggins to Corn creek because o fmother nature's run off last year. My question is, can jet boats or are jets boats running up the river this year? Any information is apprieciated. Thanks RTI50

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jet boats will definitely be operating on the Main Salmon River this summer.
I'm not doubting you, I would like to know who I could contact to make sure. I'm calling forest service on Monday. I'll post what I find out Thanks Randy

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not doubting you, I would like to know who I could contact to make sure. I'm calling forest service on Monday. I'll post what I find out Thanks Randy
Jet boats run the Salmon all the time.The cabin owners , mail service, forest service,fishing guide services,priavate boaters and even freight jet boat all run the river.They have the right of way,so pull of to the side & let them pass! I have found most of them to be polite & friendly except one drunk sprint boat operator on the lower Salmon.No worrys about him now,he recked his boat & died!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You can check with Arctic Creek Lodge. According to their website they are running jet boat shuttles as usual.
[email protected]
208-756-1657
You can also check with any of the other jet boat shuttle folks.....Salmon River Lodge, Shepp Ranch, MacKay Bar Lodge, etc.
As C-dog said, they should be running as normal.....barring any more "rapid rearrangement or creation" events by Mother Nature.
Hope this helps. Have a fun & safe trip.
KJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts