Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody run this? I am looking for info on running this the first week of August. Flows, camps ? any and all info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
from east fork to challis might be a pretty boney.. there isnt much for whitewater between challis and salmon.. as far as camping goes most of the banks are steep and rocky, a lot of private with highway on one side.. the campgrounds would be tour best bet.. once you get past north fork river picks up again.. what we run as the day stretch is between spring creek campground and cove creek.. there are some good rapids in there... pine creek rapid is right under the bridge. start right and stay right.. there will be a big pillow rock at the bottom.. then there are upper and lower dutch... they are pretty close together and are right around the corner from a huge vein in the rocks on the left hand wall.. it's like 300 feet tall cant miss it.. they are both read and run pull right at the bottom to avoid some rocks.. then there is a rapid called cockadoodle. just a wave train down the right with a hole at the bottom.. easy to sneak it left but never have.. not much for a while after that.. there are two large islands that are great to camp on close to colston creek.. the second has a better eddy.. I camped on it last weekend.. there is a fair amount of good whitewater past this islands.. past the confluence of the middle fork there are a more nice beaches.. cramer rapid of course, long tom rapid, and what we call kitchen table.. should be hot fun and slow... how many days are you taking for this?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I forgot to mention scarry falls as we call it.. it's nothing right now but by early august it might be scarry falls.. it's below the dutches and before cockadoodle.. big bould on the left hand side just pinches the river in and creats a river wide drop.. gets bigger as the river drops.. any onther questoins I would be happy to answer... So glad this is my back yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts