Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody in the Upper Ark Valley or is interested in an excuse to come down to Salida and do some cold weather (600cfs) paddling please support our fundraiser for the 2010 Whitewater Park extension. 2 new features, a climbing wall in Riverside Park and trail expansion is all planned for 2010. All funds will go directly to these improvements. $1 PBR's, raffle with sick prizes like a Kona Board from CKS, the latest offering from Powderwhore and free appetizers from the Boathouse Catina. Thanks in advance for your support! Mike

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the image of the poster is not showing up in everyone's view? Anyway if you can't see the poster the date is December 1, 6pm at the Boathouse Cantina in Salida. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
stuck

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope to see you all tonight. We have lined up a bunch of cool prizes and local river surf board shaper Zack Hughes is giving away one of his Badfish river surf boards, hand built in Salida and designed to shred little play park features like the lower Salida hole. 6pm at the Boathouse. Thanks in advance for your support.

We are selling engraved bricks that will go in near the new playspot in Riverside Park. This is also a great way to contribute to the cause. You can buy one online here: arkpaddler

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone who turned up. Good fun. Huge thanks to Heather and CKS for all the support. coloradokayak.com for all your stocking stuffers....

I am still trying out some new slogans for BV after the success of my "BV...24 miles north of paradise!" campaign....how about this one: "Proud to be have been voted #2 in all of Chaffee County for 100 years in row!"

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Thanks to everyone who turned up. Good fun. Huge thanks to Heather and CKS for all the support. coloradokayak.com for all your stocking stuffers....

I am still trying out some new slogans for BV after the success of my "BV...24 miles north of paradise!" campaign....how about this one: "Proud to be have been voted #2 in all of Chaffee County for 100 years in row!"

Nice...

It has been a year or so since the last flare up of the BV/saliva thing!! Its goin down!! Dont the rappers call it beef??

Anyway I do think about you boys when I am driving into work on days like this. As I drive into work and look down valley at what is gettin to be known as "saliva's brown" cloud is hanging thick... Kinda like driving down into denver on a bad day....

Dont get me wrong here - there is a ton of class 2/3 right there around salider for you boys to hone your skills on. You can take advantage of this everyday!!! The playpark looks great (I would not know as it has been 4 years) and is no doubt is worthy of owning only playboats. I have never figured out why salida boaters do not own creekers and ft collins boys do not own playboats??? I guess the saliva boys figure that there is no need to fill the garage up with such large boats and the pouder boys cant even figure out how to get 1 wave in. Not 1!!!

Oh yea and just so you "exit" boys know there are 2 great creeks up here and one of these years you all should come up and try em out ;).. I will give you boys a call again when they come in. Dont worry about the numbers sessions in July at 3000cfs - better to be watin in line down at F street anyway..

And in the winter you get to look forward to monarch pass and the "perfect trees"... I am laughing now we all are. Yep sitting here laughing.........

I guess you guys did kick our ass in high school football this year so at least you got somethin..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice retort!!!

Well at least the old ref got a new roof this year..

Harv here are a few other slogans for ya that better fit saliva..

"Salida - only 40 miles to the goods!!" - And you will be well protected by the 7 cops you will pass on your way home.

"Salida - the best meth in chaffee co period!!!"

"Salida - battlin with granite for the distinction of the 2nd best paddlin town in chaffee county!!!!"

"Salida - where the class 2 is so good that boaters here dont even need creek boats!!!"

"Salida - the only walmart in chaffee county!"

"Salida - has to be sweet, outdoor mag picked us as one of the best!"

What do you guys think?? One of these would be perfect to hang under the saliver city limits sign....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Facts:
-The upper Ark has 100 miles of class 2-5. Salida is in the middle of it, BV is at one end (Royal gorge and Parkdale are at the other end).
-Salida has a town. BV has a stoplight.
-K's (in BV) has wicked good Peanut Butter shakes.
-Neither town can pronounce their name correctly.
-I get the same feeling in BV on Sundays that I get in Salt Lake...shame for missing church (maybe that is just my Catholic guilt)

Jokes:
Q- What do they use for birth control in BV?
A- Their personalities.

Q- How many BVers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A- Zero...they'd rather sit in the dark and complain.

·
Definite maybe
756 Posts
is all the broken glass on the undeveloped side of the river getting cleaned up too??? that is my biggest complaint about that park...other than that it is a awesome park location...cant wait to see more features

·
Registered
950 Posts
""I have never figured out why salida boaters do not own creekers and ft collins boys do not own playboats??? I guess the saliva boys figure that there is no need to fill the garage up with such large boats and the pouder boys cant even figure out how to get 1 wave in. Not 1!!!""

I'm not Ft collins but I am Poudre boy...Insert joke about always playing in the Poudre (whatever she likes)...But I have 2 creekers and 2 play boats and gonna buy a 3rd playboat soon! 3 car garages kick ass when you only have 2 cars! What else am I suppose to fill the extra space with?

Never played in Salida but will hit ya'll up next season!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a little update from the Upper Ark....

We mobilized back into BV today, now that the water is down and will be working on the last new play feature and some fun on the fly stuff. Should be done by March 1.

Things are hopefully lining up for Salida for a March 1 start of construction on 2 new features, a climbing wall and park improvements.

Just wanted to put a plug out there that you can support the whitewater park in Salida by buying an engraved brick that will be installed in the park near the new climbing wall and new downstream surf spot.

Go to Donate to Salida Whitewater Parks Phase 3 if you are interested. Thanks in advance for your support.

Here is a little Salida Park spam video my friends at the salidacitizen.com put together.

Slideshow: Whitewater Park Fundraiser

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just moved into the river in Salida this morning. We will be working on the 2 new spots for the next 30days.

If you would like to support the efforts and have a lasting legacy to your right to cut in line at the Salida WW Park go to arkpaddler.com and click the donate tab to buy an engraved brick paver to placed in Riverside Park.

Donate to Salida Whitewater Parks Phase 3

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts