Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how the play park in salida is at current flows? Thinking of heading up there from CoS next tues to bike, wondering if bringing the boat is worthwhile. Thx

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hole #2 is great for spinning and edge work, but still not deep enough to loop I don't think. Hole 3 is the same, but mellower. Hole #4 is an all day surf machine. Notice I didn't mention the hole #1 at the top... good for eddy turn practice! The slalom gates are always in too and that can be workout in itself.

·
Registered
774 Posts
You can loop #2, #3 is shallow and can't straight loop but somehow you can spin into loops on McNastys and Fonix Monkeys.

It's not great, but if you want to get out it's there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great stuff thanks everyone, definitely gonna bring the boat along.

Now, for biking, is Rainbow clear of snow/mud yet? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Ya most of the biking is really only available east of the river around BV and Salida, and there is plenty of that to keep you busy for several days. But the Colorado Trail was about 50% clear two weeks ago, there may be some good rideable stretches depending on how quick that last storm melted, especially from BV south to Hwy 50.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info, had a great day up there. Hit the play park for about 2 hrs, then rode the S-mountain, frontside-lil rattler-n.backbone then returned same route. Salida is awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts