Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hazard - a new large cottonwood tree has fallen in the river 100 yards downstream of the lower Salida playwave. There is a passage on the river right. This passage is about 10 feet wide use caution. AHRA River Rangers will evaluate tomorrow 6/6 and attempt to mitigate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

We were able to clear a channel on the river left side today. At this point there is a passable channel on river left and river right. Please use caution, there is potential for the tree to move.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The passages both left and right are about a boat (raft) width wide. The right side has a branch that extends out a little further than you can perhaps see, so hug the banks as tight as you are comfortable regardless of which side you go.

Whatever you do, don't go center.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ya, I did read the first post a few times. Just didn't know where the play waves are because I hadn't run it yet. Anyway, did so 6/7 and left and right are tight but OK. Center would be bad.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are going to be attempting to remove this tree tomorrow morning. We plan to keep the river open, but some delays may happen. Please be ready to eddy out once you pass under the F st bridge.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Further thanks to the Salida Fire Dept and Terry's Crane and rigging!

That was not an easy job. Hooligans should feel a lot safer heading into the weekend...

And I believe that sawyer is indeed wearing pfd.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks for getting that out of there!

Shouldn't that guy be wearing a PFD - just in case? I am sure he was harnessed into the basket, but still....
Absolutely! He has a yellow Stohlquist Type V rescue vest on in the picture.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts