Mountain Buzz banner

Salamander Customer service not so good.

4055 45
Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know my recent experience with Salamander. I bought a Salamander throw bag for a GC trip and noticed it had a non-locking carabiner. So, I called Salamander and asked “Is this a mistake or is it standard on their throw bags”. The guy quickly replied it’s standard and hung up, I tried calling back and they never answered my call.

So, if you’re in the market for a throw bag take this into consideration.
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
I bought this exact throw bag in 1997 and it did not have a locking carabiner. In paying attention to their products every year since, they've never used a locking carabiner on this product, and for good reason.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
It seems to me that a carabiner should be on your vest and on the throwers end they will be pulling the line in so no need for a carabiner. On the thrown end the carabiner would cause the rope to sink.
Did you watch the video in post #27? Notice the guide clipped to the chicken line by a biner on his vest? He’s really lucky he didn’t flip.

· My name isn't Will
719 Posts
It seems to me that a carabiner should be on your vest and on the throwers end they will be pulling the line in so no need for a carabiner. On the thrown end the carabiner would cause the rope to sink.
The Salamander bag is a throw bag and tow tether in one. The tether is on a shorter line and has a carabiner tucked into a pocket. If you throw the bag/belt, the tether stays attached. It does still float.

· kivaseeker
7 Posts
Ugh, maybe guy was busy workin? I have bought from them 3 times and always a good experience. Aluminum table was perfect, butt cushion just what I ordered and they make really nice/cheap sand stakes. Even sent me a cute sticker ;)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts