Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an s6x 205 that I have not paddled. I am wondering if it is to big for me I am 165lbs 5'11 brown hair blue eyes! I am just wondering if it will be to much volume to properly "THROW DOWN"

any thoughts would be great

thanks
patrick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Patrick,
Hello bt here, maybe i can shed some light about your 205.
i work with pyranha. i'm 155lbs, i have paddled each of the s6x"s.
when you increase your volume to your body weight you will add speed, air and river runability to your boat. BUT you will loose a little control in smaller features and make your flat water moves alittle harder. you have to look at what you paddle, werer do you spend your time???. My tech rep Mike McKee he is your size and lives in Jackson hole. living on the snake the 205 was his choice. i use the smaller boats in CO and i usually are in the larger playboats up north or on larger features. so in all it's up to you, don't let size get in your way, the moves are possible in any size?? later bt

·
Registered
882 Posts
If you're interested in selling th S6X, I could be interested. I know everyone says it's horribly unforgiving, but I know people who say that about the Id, and I love mine. As long as I get some performance back in return, bring it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I paddled a 205 alot and thought...

The 205 is a huge boat that was hard for me to throw around.
I paddled a 205 alot and thought...it was great until I got in the Wavesport Zero Gravity 54 (ZG) and realized I was missing something. These two boat are very similar in size but nothing else. The ZG 54 is easy to throw around and has a incredible hull for Wave Surfing. It is a super smooth boat. Check out the pictures and video of the ZG at:

http://localpaddler.com/gallery.php?keywords=Zero Gravity

1 - 5 of 5 Posts