Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Plunk your magic twanger!
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the BLM began the process of switching their websites I noticed that the Grand Junction BLM office had stated that new this year there would be no fires allowed between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. The website is no longer working so I called last week and was told there currently are no restrictions but that I should call again before launching Friday. I thought this might be a good place to share any information anyone has so we all know what to expect. We are required to carry a firepan regardless, and I'm fine with leaving the firewood in the truck if I have to. More important to me is using charcoal for Dutch Oven cooking. I will need to change my menu last minute if it is restricted. I will share what I learn tomorrow or hoping the BLM will chime in for all of us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good Morning!! There are no fire restrictions in Ruby-Horsethief and we do not expect any to go in to place before the holiday weekend. We are expecting river flows to go up though so please stay safe out there! Have a great weekend and if you have any questions feel free to call the office 9702443000.

-Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts