Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone camped out near the state line aroudn the end of April? Trying to determing how much warm gear to pack and wondering if there will be folks at Westwater to bum shuttle back to Loma.

Thx for any input! J

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Josh, weather can go either way this time of year, but likely pretty decent. Shuttle is kind of a crap shoot for timing. if you are late in the day there should be someone heading east. if you got there early, you could be waiting a while.

·
Registered
234 Posts
State line

Has anyone camped out near the state line aroudn the end of April? Trying to determing how much warm gear to pack and wondering if there will be folks at Westwater to bum shuttle back to Loma.

Thx for any input! J
I wouldn't go all the way to the line. Stay at blackrocks. It's much more protected. #4 is good with plenty of sun and protection from the W. I was there two weeks ago and there was still alot of ice on the banks.
American spirit shuttle is well worth the 60 bucks. There in clifton and online.

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
I'll be on Westwater coming from Colorado on the 18th and 19th. We could give you a ride back upstream on the afternoon of the 19th if you happen to be getting off the river that day.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did that run last year atthe end of April and it was great weather, but it is spring, so anything can happen. I'll be there this year too. I'm going to run Ruby-horsethief and westwater on a Colorado Mtn College trip, so see you down there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts