Mountain Buzz banner

Ruby Horsethief Fire Suspect

16375 51
Grand Junction newspaper has good article here
Breckenridge man accused of igniting fire on Dog Island | GJSentinel.com
Our local paper did not name the suspect, or the company he works for. They advertise quite a bit....
Trip leader may have been Chris Knudsen, also works at Grand Vacations in Breck. Grand Vacations has been an excellent neighbor up here, generously supporting many community causes. $100K in fire fighting costs alone, and this loser probably can't pay. I hope Grand Vacations will step up. Anyone can have a dumb employee, but there were lots of them on this trip. Why didn't anyone stop this guy? Fireworks are never legal there, and there was a total fire ban. Aaargh.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Fucking crybabies.

Gotta say... coupla you are being really douchey about this one.
This is all a bunch of speculation based on the article referenced. It DOES say Huff was with coworkers in the article. It may or may not have been a company sponsored trip, but he was indeed with coworkers. The FACT that the sources of information are not named in the article, leads me to believe that there is indeed a lot more to the story. Time will tell.
Guess I'm wondering why you guys are so quick to assume that it WASN'T a company sponsored trip, and attack others when they consider other possible scenarios.

Get over your shit with the moderators, it was funny for a while but for feck's sake get over it. Fuggin babies.
I can't help but wonder that if this were proposed by anyone other than a moderator if you guys would still react the way that you are.... I guess moderators aren't people? Their opinions are no longer valid because they're moderators?
I get it. I like talking shit too (when appropriate)... but seriously, get over it. Or you know, maybe call your mom to cry about it, I'm sure she'll give two shits.:rolleyes:

"I like how a certain moderator on this thread is making assumptions as if he was on the trip. I believe this is rude content and has no social value.Did you file the police report; talk to anyone on the trip?

WERE YOU ON THE RIVER THAT NIGHT??? Did you file a police report or talk to anyone on the trip?

It seems you have nothing but opinions on the Buzz. You must respond to EVERY thread, especially those on anything involved in your river valley."
HMMMMMMMMMMM.... NOT SURE RUBY HORSETHIEF IS IN THE ARK VALLEY, but congratulations for being an idiot. Answering threads in regards to your backyard run, and runs that you know well, is pretty expected. I think all of us do that.

Maybe instead of jail time or a hefty fine, or god forbid some fucking hard work to help rebuild what they knowingly destroyed, someone should just shove a carbon fiber AT paddle up his ass.

· Registered
695 Posts
I haven't read through the Ruby permits, but most other permits that I've ever held have stated that the permit holder is responsible for ensuring that trip members don't break any rules, and that they're responsible.

I've been the permit holder on rowdy trips, to the point that I was the douche for forcing the bad behavior to stop by hiding things. Trips like that made me nervous enough to not invite some of those folks on trips that I held the permit for again, even though I've been on trips with some of them since, though not as the permit holder. I'm not willing to take on the legal responsibility.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to hold both the bad actor and the permit holder responsible. Holding everyone else responsible may not be reasonable unless they encouraged, or the like.

· Registered
1,470 Posts
Get over your shit with the moderators, it was funny for a while but for feck's sake get over it. Fuggin babies.
I can't help but wonder that if this were proposed by anyone other than a moderator if you guys would still react the way that you are.... I guess moderators aren't people? Their opinions are no longer valid because they're moderators?
I get it. I like talking shit too (when appropriate)... but seriously, get over it. Or you know, maybe call your mom to cry about it, I'm sure she'll give two shits.:rolleyes:

"I like how a certain moderator on this thread is making assumptions as if he was on the trip. I believe this is rude content and has no social value.Did you file the police report; talk to anyone on the trip?

WERE YOU ON THE RIVER THAT NIGHT??? Did you file a police report or talk to anyone on the trip?
Uhh, actually the moderator WAS ON THE RIVER THAT NIGHT!!!!!!

Soooo.... there. Tell 'em that!

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f14/dog-island-burned-down-59094.html

· Registered
613 Posts
It seems it's easier for some to private message others in regards to this thread. If your facts are solid, please feel free to post them here, rather than to send me cryptic messages about how meaningful your life is, and why there's justification in your being a douche.

· Registered
10 Posts
^^^

DO TELL! Or, better yet.......fwd the msg to the Mesa County Sherriff's Office!

I know that someone was ticketed for this mishap, but hearing the 1st hand account from Lmyers that they tried to slip out under the cover of darkness should equal "BANNED FOR LIFE" for ALL persons that were on that trip, as they all became an Accessory to the Crime when they all launched from Dog Island in the Pre-Dawn hours.

If it were one of my Co-Workers that did this and I was TL, I would have waited at the Scene of the Crime, and Cooperated fully w/ the Sherriff/BLM Officers when they arrived.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.