Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

A couple of us are planning on running RG Sunday, but I've had trouble stoking the local crew and I'd love a little more company in there.

Weather looks decent and there's more than enough water -- class 3-4 at this flow. Sunshine is STICKY.

I'm looking at putting on about noon, off by 3:30 or 4 in time for some Alfonso's burritos.

Anybody interested?

-Mike G.
719-930-1634

·
Registered
989 Posts
I might be down...pm me with the time, eh? Alfonso here I come.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was through Canon 2 weeks ago and it looked like Alfonso's was torn down (the old Burger Baron). It may have relocated back to the old Gas Station where it started first (near the old Captain D's). Anybody have any more beta?

I'm a little stressed out about Alfonso's being gone; rumor has it that Alfonso's was the caterer for the Last Supper...

·
Registered
27 Posts
good to go

last week tango, some rafters and myself went down the gorge it was good to go, a little bony here and there but overall fun sunshine is sticky but makes a good 2 foot boof right now hit it right in the meat with some speed and you'll have some fun also at soda fountain there is a small but super fast wave with great eddy service. have fun out there and I'll see you guys when I'm back in the country. Also if you rafters are jonesing for something get down there and hone your skills to go big when it really starts to melt.
pauley

·
Registered
214 Posts
BSOE--you should come on Sunday. I would like to meet you. PM me if you want to get details on meeting spot and time.

BJK

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alfonso's is in/adjoined to a Conoco gas station, off Hwy 50. Exactly where, I'm not sure, but it IS still open.
If anybody has any more specific info, please post it. Otherwise, I'll find it Sunday afternoon and then I'll post Monday.

BTW, we're meeting Sunday at Tunnel Drive at 11:30 if anybody wants to come along on RG. If the flow drops as much as I've heard rumored, Sunshine will be a solid class 4 IMHO; very technical and tough to avoid a really sticky hole at Sunshine -- so take that (and the chilly conditions) into consideration.

-Mike

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great Day on the river everybody. Brian great to meet you and Bruce great to see you after all these years.

ALPHONSO'S is in a Conoco station along US 50 about half a mile east of McDonalds. Inquiring minds want to know.

Brian, Mike and i will definately be up in yout area for some boating.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Want to do it again next weekend? I regretted not coming today...such a nice day to be on the river.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great trip for sure!

Chris, it was great to meet you as well. When you and Mike want to make the drive up let me know. The Clear Creek and Poudre should be picking up soon!

Thanks for taking me down the canyon.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts