Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to run the gorge next Friday and have searched about shuttle options. I hear good and bad about being able to hitch. I've called 3 rafting company's and they say they don't offer shuttles. I'm willing to drop boats and my buddy off at put in and drive down to take out and ride back just 1 body. How bad would it be to bike? Are there any companies that offer shuttles? It would need to be in Canon city so I can walk there from the takeout. Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The park just south of the river at 4th St (Centennial Park?) has lots of teenagers hang out in the afternoons.
I just walk into the park with a $20 and have no problem getting a ride.
What teenager does not need gas money?
Canon City in a tough town to hitchhike, not sure why:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The park just south of the river at 4th St (Centennial Park?) has lots of teenagers hang out in the afternoons.
I just walk into the park with a $20 and have no problem getting a ride.
What teenager does not need gas money?
Canon City in a tough town to hitchhike, not sure why:rolleyes:.
That's what I thought about also. The first guy that replyed is going to shuttle us. All the raft company's I called said they don't do that. Most of which are on that link. May not be worth it at this level but we're passing through and want to run it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would say worth it at the current level. I believe kayaker go down to 250 maybe less.

Glad you found a shuttle. For future ref, the first two raft companies that come up in that Google search do offer shuttle services.

Have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I thought. I read about both in a old post from searching but when I called today they both said they didn't offer that service. Idk, must have talked to new workers that wasn't aware. Anyway all worked out and pumped to paddle out west even if it's low water. Gonna go back just to paddle at the end of June next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
We've has good luck pulling into guide shacks mid or late am and offering 20$ to run it. You'll get the guide who didn't a morning trip but needs to be on call for a
Pm trip.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

1 - 11 of 11 Posts