Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ark is running about 530 and some Salida folk are thinking about bumping down the royal gorge on saturday. Does anbody know if ice is a concern now?

The Salida WW Park is ice free and the 2nd play hole is pretty good. If you're jonesin this might be your chance to get off the couch (or lift chair).

pray for snow and colder temps!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The royal gorge was good on Saturday and ice free. It was bony class 3 but being in the canyon made it worthwhile. Veteran gorge raft guide, Kalu, was on the trip and he said it was a low 500 cfs. I like to think of it as the "Royale with Cheese" at his flow.

There were a few good play spots: cartwheel spot at the top of sledge, slab hole n ear the end of the gorge, and Andre demonstrated sunshine hole is good to go for cartwheels at a sticky 500.

I would recommend a run down if you have a day off.

I wish I had brought pogies...

·
Registered
194 Posts
brrrrrrr.......being an Arkansas River vet I will say I'm very jealous....however I cannot imagine that it would be very warm. However low 500's makes me a bit nervous.....don't let it get too warm and melt off all the snow before the summer season!!!;) Have fun out there....I'm stuck in the chilly North East for the winter and it blows....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts