Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in running the gorge tomorrow afternoon? Looks like 2 or 3 boaters may come from the Springs and could be at the takeout at 1:30. Let me know if you think you'll be out there and would want to link up and set up a shuttle.

Also, does anyone have any experience biking the shuttle? My memory from last year is failing - what would it be like to bike along 50?

Thanks for the help - itchin to get out there!

- John

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
You might win the prize for the first trip planned of 2013. Congrats, but I wouldnt bike 50.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd love to run the Gorge at low flow...please let me know how it is!!!

Oh yeah--double on don't bike the 50. As in it's dangerous in a tank, much less a bike.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wasn't able to go yesterday due to work, hopefully you had a good trip, but now I'm off Friday thru Sunday. If you or anyone else on this thread would like to hit the Gorge those days, I'm up for it. I'm thinking that meeting at one of the take-outs about 11:00 a.m. would offer us the warmest part of the day on the water.

Let me know here, or my cell#: 7one9-66one-4three77.

Ed

·
Registered
295 Posts
You might win the prize for the first trip planned of 2013. Congrats, but I wouldnt bike 50.
I've biked it before. Not that bad. Just stash the bike in whatever is the thickest tree near the takeout and use a long cable lock. The ride took less than an hour on a mountain bike. Would be less on a road bike or 29er.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would be up for a Saturday or Sunday run. Was debating Gorge, numbers (if there us water) or maybe Shoshone. Never done the Gorge below 300ish nor Browns at this level.

John

·
Registered
331 Posts
Saturday 11:00 a.m. at Tunnel Drive. As You are headed West on highway 50 out of Canon City, 50 will curve 90 degrees to the right after you pass the Territorial Prison on the right. Tunnel Drive will be the first road on the left. If you pass Pueblo Community College: Fremont Campus, you went to far. Take Tunnel Drive till it ends. Park near the tree/hydrant area.

This cuts off a mile or so of slow flat water at lower levels.

See ya there.

Ed

ps.... Sunday is OUT for me. I forgot about Easter Lunch/Dinner plans.

·
Registered
331 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts