Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what the best way to prolong the life of your throwbag is. And, if you shold replace it every year. I live in the SE so nothing ever dries. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Hang it by its biner with the opening facing down from the rack that holds my boat, seems to drain well between trips. I am however a weekend warrior so if you go daily I have no idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Once a season, take the rope out of the bag and let it soak in a tub 1/4 of water with a couple drops of Woolite (it'll help the sand work loose). Swirl around occasionally, drain and dry.
:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
In a perfect world you should pull your rope out after every trip hang it in a loose coil to dry and repack it before each trip.

I am an offender of not doing this each and every trip but at least once a week when I'm boating alot.

The reason to repack it often is how many times have you seen someone go tho toss their bag and the rope didn't come out because it was stuck inside. That is from your rope drying inside the bag and becoming stiff so it doesn't play out like it is supposed to.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts