Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a roll session and/or clinic started in Grand County. I've contacted the YMCA and they are open to the idea. The aquatics director would like to get a feel as to how many people might be interested and/or if anyone would like to put on a roll clinic.

So, Grand County kayakers, who needs practice? Let me know and I'll stay in touch with the YMCA and pass on any information I receive.

Thanks and I hope to see you in the pool!

·
Registered
6 Posts
the rec center in Fraser has them from what my roommate said. I plan on being in my boat at least monthly trying to keep the bad shoulder conditioned to being upside down. so i would be interested in the Y.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your replies.

TravisaurusWrecks - thanks for the info on the rec center. I did not think they would let us in there with our boats, but I checked them out and here is what I learned.

The Fraser Rec Center will allow us in the pool any time that they have diving board practice. I guess for the dive practice they remove all the lane lines and have the deep end occupied, but the shallow end is available. Dive Sessions are every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 2pm - 5pm. The cost for rec district residents (without a membership) is $7, county residents is $8, and out of county residents is $11.

The aquatics director, Tim, has one request. A few years back the pool had an algae bloom outbreak and he has asked if we would make sure our boats are clean and let him check them out beforehand.

Saturdays work for me. If anyone wants to join me, I'll probably get there around 2 pm and see how it goes.

I don't know if the dive session times mesh with everyone's schedule. In my mind I had roll practice as an after work/dinner activity, but I'm thrilled that we have any chance to do this. I will keep in contact with the Y and maybe we can have more opportunities and even clinics. I'll post any updates that I receive about the Y.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts