Mountain Buzz banner
41 - 60 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I really don’t care who believes it, this whole thing was more to my amazement than anything I don’t need to win over anyone here or be insulted. Later Yall

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Yes I am. I find every aspect of this story ludicrous, and completely inconsistent with a river and community I am closely involved with. And while your yarn is good and juicy to read, it has just enough holes in it that someone like myself who knows the scene well can see through. Also, you don't write like a lady at all. You respond and write like a guy pretending to be one.

I often do row a large orange boat, although I personally don't listen to music when rowing. Many of my colleagues do. You clearly know this river, and you probably have seen me IRL at some point. Say howdy next time you see a big guy in a dress rowing with pink sawyer MXs James, I'm sure you and I would actually have a funny conversation face to face. Camp season is over anyways, so I am in no rush to be at my destination. Cheers 💖🦄🌈!
Trolling or not aside, how the f**k does a "lady" write as opposed to a gentleman? We're now judging people's answers with an attitude from the 1950's?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Conspiracy theory...you and your boyfriend drank all the beer, had a wild night "rocking the boat", and you, or most likely your BF, left the condoms on the oarlocks as a place where they wouldn't blow into the water (not letting them blow into the river and float away is commendable) or your BF is slightly juvenile and thought it would be funny in the morning. Stumbled up to camp and went to bed. Woke up hungover and not remembering a thing; unfortunate in that it was a night of romping you probably should have remembered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having lived in So OR (Roseburg, Grants Pass, Medford) in the 90s I absolutely would not discount any story involving locals...(but man was the traffic on the Rogue "light" in late September in those days!).

·
Registered
15 Posts
One other thing I totally forgot about at the take out. A small group of 6 was loading their trailer and we heard them saying “ Whole fucking parking lot is out of state plates Fuckers need to go home or start loosing tires”
The karma was the ranger was loading their boats and walked over and said “ Is everything ok guys we wanna try and make everyone feel welcome” which I thought was awesome of them.
Downside was the guy looked at him and said “They sending you kids down here with no guns now, thats not very smart”

We packed up and got the hell out of there! Thats why I posted this, we were so blown away by the hatefull attitude towards visitors and it wasn’t just an isolated incident to like one group of people. We definitely felt that we weren’t welcome in someones sand box.
On the flip side everyone who was not local to the area was very sweet and happy
Sorry that it wasn’t a fun trip. Obviously some folks missed out on their happy meal. One of the things that we noticed was that the river had more people on it than before. This was our first trip down the Rogue in 20 years and it was BUSY. I would prefer a Middle Fork trip or the Yampa. We will probably try it again in the spring when there is actual water and the Rhododendrons are in bloom. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought you were about to post about the guy who put sharp rocks in the river to purposely pop rafts. I won a permit for July 1st in the January lottery, but the rangers somehow didn't tell me until the first week of June. We tried to put a trip together but with the 44 hours driving round trip, the fires and evacuations, and some injuries in my crew we called it off about a week before.

BUT... apparently the week we were supposed to be here a local took a grinder to a triangular shaped piece of rock, and placed it in the middle of a mandatory raft channel. From what I hear at least 10 or 12 boats got ripped to shreds this way and some people ended up bailing from the trip while on-river because of it. What a stupid way for your trip to end. Definitely unfortunate and also illegal, but i'm kind of not surprised as Oregon has a very staunch history of white supremacy, neo-nazis and the KKK, uber-libertarians, and other types of people who don't understand why Trump is not actually good for them but have been recently emboldened by the alt-right rhetoric that finds its west coast home in rural Oregon and in the Portland police department.

I hope antifa punches them in the face.
Oh please. Antifa supporters are fascists. They don’t create anything good…period. Just violence and destruction.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Conspiracy theory...you and your boyfriend drank all the beer, had a wild night "rocking the boat", and you, or most likely your BF, left the condoms on the oarlocks as a place where they wouldn't blow into the water (not letting them blow into the river and float away is commendable) or your BF is slightly juvenile and thought it would be funny in the morning. Stumbled up to camp and went to bed. Woke up hungover and not remembering a thing; unfortunate in that it was a night of romping you probably should have remembered.

Weirdly, you have a faint memory of three black cat boats sitting in the eddy across the river watching as the evening transpired.

I may have even heard from some of my friends out of GP that they saw some folks getting sauced and a dude giving his lady the ol' hydraulic wood splitter over a dry box and it was quite the show. They thanked them for the show by cleaning up all the beer cans on shore and left their "catboat mafia" signature on the beach.
So sad we have behavior like this in our country still and hopefully you have a better experience next time without people like this guy! Your post is obviously very sincere and I appreciate hearing about the idiots out there and will avoid that and if we see them here we will treat them accordingly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can vouch for the LADY that wrote this post. I met them on the river and they were a nice couple. I actually saw them stuck on that rock in Wildcat from a distance. I later joked with them about their Tributary, as it was the bigger version of the raft I have.

I have no idea who this previous James guy was, nor why some other folks here are so vociferous in their denial that there can be jerks who roam their local river. I think it would be for the betterment of everyone to point them out when they exist.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Edit-writing this to mkashzg.

Bro, the internet is a serious place. Just having some fun. Edited my post to take out what you might referring to for me being the bad guy. Take it out of your quote if you think it doesn't have a place here...or not. I wasn't on the river and I didn't hear anything nor have friends in Grants Pass.

But really, has there been mention of three black covert cats or proof of them posted by anyone besides Haworth? Seems fishy that a new poster came here to tell us about "mountainbuzz lines", black cats in the night etc. But maybe they exist and I'll eat crow...or at least some thai chicken wings when evidence pops up.

I've been at the Boundary ramp and gave a group some crap about "they must be from CO because of all the Hysides" and they flipped it and said "Must be from Idaho by all the Maravias" and said yep, we hi fived and had a beer. Have I offered people derigging on the ramp help while we had trailers waiting to back down and take two minutes to throw our boats on? Sure. When they said no, I told them I thought it sucked that they were costing me an hour when I'm happy to lend a hand. Two sides to all stories if the post is even real.

I'd love to say SYOTR but I don't think you'd like my humor.

Apologies to the original poster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Conundrum your post didn’t offend me at all it was actually rather comical, I do have a sense of humor and am not one of the easily offended, what I won’t accept is being made out to be a liar just here for some troll operation. I actually preferred the original version before your edit

Apparently I write too much like a “guy” so I will try to take my feminine roll be a good girl and do better for you big sexy boys 🙄

I said the Tributary was rented I never said we rented it when we arrived at the Rogue from a local rental place

I never said it was black cat boats that floated by in the dark. It was dark out with moon light and we didn’t see the color of the boats only the outlines and shadows. The LEO told us the story of the black cat boats when he was explaining the rock issue after we mentioned what was written in the sand on our beach

This post was about local interactions and yet a local responds to my post calling me a troll and saying none of this happened because a co-worker had been on the romp with a BLM person who gossips about boaters and they trade information at the local bar - seems as we just got off the river and hadn’t told any locals yet they may need a crystal ball at the bar in Merlin to stay up on current events instead of sloppy seconds from the backside of the BLM girl at Rand

Furthermore this “James or Jamie” must have seriously damaged some ego’s here destroying some machismo for you all to be on a phantom which hunt for everything that seems out of order in your world if you all are making me out to be a “transitioned transvestite” calling me by a mans name. Whomever this individual is he or heshe is definitely the master of psyops warfare having you all this fixated on his persona and chasing ghosts in every corner of your little forum. This person truly has some special training, a master of his craft having won the battle you are all fighting in your own heads. Bravo to the CIA, JSOC or what ever entity trained him, taxpayers money well spent.

Parting thoughts, good to know that if unicorns and rainbows don’t shine in the Baldini’s bar that it didn’t happen and we can bury our heads in the sand and continue on about our day especially when you are a local. Hopefully this post will help inform someone to change out their boat to a local approved rig,bring extra beer for the thirsty under the cover of darkness operators and know that your oarlocks will be safe from any STD’s on the Rogue River in Oregon. We will see the mighty Rogue again next year more prepared than ever. Peace out Y’all ✌🏻( hopefully thats how a lady says goodbye).

·
Registered
565 Posts
Whatever floats your boat. Seems like an awful lot of care and energy to warn us about your experience and what we think for joining the buzz one day ago. To each their own.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Right because now we take a new tact when you can’t control what you want to believe we sprinkle some misogyny and sexism on top, because girls couldn’t be in the military or even rise to a level of knowing anything about that right 🤷‍♂️. Yup just old me on Halloween playing dress up 🥴. Keep digging deeper boys
Face Smile Camouflage Military camouflage Eyebrow

Yeah, I don't believe a "paddlegirl" wrote this either....

·
Registered
500 Posts
I wish James err Jamie the best with their transition. Watch out for those KKK rafting gangs!

It’s true that the rogue in fall has a bit of a territorial feel like a surf spot (count the non-Sotards next time). I’ve only experienced it as good-natured and friendly. If this is a genuine post, I’m sorry this happened to you. Look me up if you’re out here again; I’m glad to help right these wrongs.
That means he’ll share some of your beers with you.
And I’m with the crowd that thinks this is James trolling. A crew of black cats roaming around in the night doing evil ninja stuff? Gimmeabreak.

·
Registered
565 Posts
And James didn’t bruise any egos…he’s a shitty business operator who took some people’s’ money and never delivered. He keeps sniffing around talking about weird stuff on the Rogue and killer products he’s dreamed up that will probably never be available to buy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I walk through a dark alley to get home and someone tries to rape me and you walk down the same dark alley an and nothing happens to you I must be lying because you had a different experience…hmm. Great position especially from an apparent outfitter. I will be sure to let all my friends know on social how you treat ladies online

This doesn't match up with my experiences on the Rogue. Not even close. Since it comes from a new user my guess is that James is saying hi.

41 - 60 of 201 Posts