Mountain Buzz banner
181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anyone who doesn’t think men and women write differently and have differing voices (and why would anyone take offense at differences?) should spend time in lesbian sex chat rooms and watch how quickly those chicks can ferret out a dude pretending to be a broad.

If you were to say men and women trained in the same discipline write technical articles similarly I’d agree.

but I definitely want men and women to write in their personal voice differently, and based on their differences and outlook. I want to acknowledge black and white writers are different, and rich white and rich black writers are closer in voice than rich and poor white/blacks are.

Good lord yes I want female voices. ESP in chat forums. Dudes all sound the same.
I’m speechless. What the Fuck?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I’m speechless. What the Fuck?
I’ll put you in the “men and women think, write, and do everything the same and there’s no discernible differences nor should there be” camp then?

to sum:
A person: men and women write differently.
Another person: OMG THATS SEXIST! They’re the same!
me: of course they write differently. Why would anyone want to believe they’re the same. We should celebrate that they write differently (and depending on lots of things there’s other differences we should celebrate too)
You: OMG! I’m speechless!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I’ll put you in the “men and women think, write, and do everything the same and there’s no discernible differences nor should there be” camp then?

to sum:
A person: men and women write differently.
Another person: OMG THATS SEXIST! They’re the same!
me: of course they write differently. Why would anyone want to believe they’re the same. We should celebrate that they write differently (and depending on lots of things there’s other differences we should celebrate too)
You: OMG! I’m speechless!
Don’t be projecting on me bro. I had no idea there were forums specifically directed at lesbian sex. The thought never occurred to me that such a thing even existed. But now I know why our company can’t find any employees...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don’t be projecting on me bro. I had no idea there were forums specifically directed at lesbian sex. The thought never occurred to me that such a thing even existed. But now I know why our company can’t find any employees...
But while we’re putting people in to boxes, I’ll just put you into this one that’s labeled “Deviant Lurking Phony Fapper”, since by definition you have absolutely nothing to add to a lesbian sex discussion.
Ha fair enough! I did misread your intent!

apologies. It’s been a long couple of days of zoom meetings.

I can’t fathom why anyone would google rubber raft forum before lesbian sex forum though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gawd damn you buzzards! It's taken me a week to read this thread. Between actual work productivity and that open tab with the mountain top calling me back to some wild river antics in the (un)comfort of my own home, I've finally finished this ride. Opinions, you bet I got 'em! Do you want to hear them, probably not. I'd simply like to offer kudos and possible sympathy to the enthusiastic posters. And, I'm pretty sure all of us are actually pretty similar in "real life": love those moments of solace floating flatwater, those moments when your heart is in your stomach at a scout, and that delicious beer after the rapid! Maybe see y'all on the river, hopefully not stuck on a rock or rocking black tubes 😀

·
Registered
8 Posts
The more I think about it, the more I believe that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all of this. You see this group of catarafters was stuck on the river late at night because all of the camps had been snatched by unscrupulous gear boats. Furthermore we all know that cats can't haul any gear, so they we out of beer by that time. As they passed paddlegirl's trip, they decided to make a little on river trade. You see the only thing that they found themselves over supplied with was condoms, due to the fact that The Local Boyz had no Local Girlz with whom they could use their prophylactics. Not wanting to wake the camping group who were fast asleep, they simply took what beer they needed and left the rubbers as compensation.

They were so thankful for the beer that they decided to leave a message in the sand, "Cat Boat Mafia, stay at our home!" to invite the trip to stay at their house on their way back to Colorado. Unfortunately, a rouge wave came later in the night and washed away the letters "at our," causing the message to be misinterpreted as a vague threat.

You see, I bet they are just a couple of nice guys who made a hasty decision under extenuating circumstances.
That’s was pretty funny but let’s get one thing straight. I’ll go Oar to Oar with you on gear hauling with my Cat Boat….
clearly you meant to say Kayakers and you just misspoke.
Besides the black tube have double buoyancy. 🥸

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are more than welcome to do the same. Or, get up and be on the river early.
We did but it made the trip significantly less enjoyable. Two of us took off early and rowed hard and snagged a great camp with a great creek. But, I want to share the river with friends and not feel like I am fighting for a spot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We did but it made the trip significantly less enjoyable. Two of us took off early and rowed hard and snagged a great camp with a great creek. But, I want to share the river with friends and not feel like I am fighting for a spot.
I get that if you're used to the way things typically work on other permitted western US rivers the Rogue probably seems rather harsh and cutthroat. But the reality that outfitters and private groups have to contend with is that there are only a small handful of sites that can accommodate large groups of 20+ guests and guides, and these are quite coveted in the peak of summer from June-Aug. The Rogue is notorious for changing with every large flood cycle; camps and their usable space come and go over the years. Up to 120 humans entering the W&S daily during permit season because the Rogue is not capped at group launches per day (thankfully that only happens during the peak weeks of summer). Furthermore the rules that govern the Rogue were written over 40 years ago by two different gov't agencies with split jurisdiction. The outfitters here bring a lot of money into the local economy (which is basically weed and tourism), their usage fees pay for much of the BLM/USFS services, and they have no interest in changing the system at all.

Basically: there is a reason why things are the way they are on the Rogue, and it is highly unlikely any of these rules will change in the future. The best advice I can give you is go for small camps in the summer. Unless you have a group of 15 or more there is no reason for you take a large group site during peak season, and legally you are required to share if your number is any less than that. I don't like invading other's camps, but if you force my hand I will, and the BLM will have my back. If you are in an actual large group, plan your day and get out early. If not well, while this does not apply to all outfitters (namely OARS & ARTA), my company and a many of the others generally avoid camping at Whiskey, Kelsey Right, Ranch/Mule Creek, and Tacoma.

181 - 200 of 201 Posts