Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot, toot!! I drew a MFS, a Rogue, and a Grand permit in one year. Who has done this before and made all the trips work. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and am thinking that I may have to turn one of them back in. Before I get flamed for putting in for a permit that I could not use, think about the luck that I had to draw all 3 and the chances of that happening. Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dang it!!!! No Rogue permit for me. :-(

(At least I got a Hells Canyon permit on a cancellation though...ok feelin better now....)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Someone is smiling on you dude. Bad karma to turn it down. Take a deep breath, make a plan, enlist some friends to help you, and Have The Summer Of Your Life :):):)

·
Registered
81 Posts
yep yep bag the rogue, sucks in mid summer with everyone and their 2 mom's floating past your shit show at 8:00 am
how the hell do they do it ? I'm just waking up and group after group floats by.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you have the time, do them all. I've done it a couple of times and it is a great way to spend a summer and fall. If you don't have the time, drop the Rogue. It is the easiest permit to pick up and you can do it another year. Besides it is a rather short trip on the river for the distance you have to drive from Colorado.

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
Congratulations. I've been waiting 14 years for a Grand Permit and got it this year. Launch May 18 2013. Already starting to put together a crew. BTW I live in Gypsum. When do you launch on the Grand? We should have a drink together sometime. I'll buy. Pazzo's. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Congratulations. I've been waiting 14 years for a Grand Permit and got it this year. Launch May 18 2013. Already starting to put together a crew. BTW I live in Gypsum. When do you launch on the Grand? We should have a drink together sometime. I'll buy. Pazzo's. Let me know.
I wanna go to Pazzo's! Funny, I lived in Gyptown for 11 years.

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
You're wecome to join us. After all I am buying!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
David, we launch on March 17th 2013. I haven't spent too much time on the Grand trip yet as the Middle Fork has my attention right now. Would love to get together for a drink. Pazzo's, or the Boot is always good too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot, toot!! I drew a MFS, a Rogue, and a Grand permit in one year. Who has done this before and made all the trips work. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and am thinking that I may have to turn one of them back in. Before I get flamed for putting in for a permit that I could not use, think about the luck that I had to draw all 3 and the chances of that happening. Thanks.
So if the Grand trip is next year,the Rogue & MFS must be this year. The Rogue can be done in 3 days or you can start up river and make it last a week! 7 or 8 days on the MFS. If you have 3 weeks off work, do both!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts