Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hole just to the left of the rodeo fairground's first parking entrance is getting burly. At this level it looks like the park hole in Durango and with a little shoreline rope assistance it could be just as repeat-ably delicious. ...There's a bit of eddy service as well. Right now it is almost river wide and with enough recirc to keep you in the game long enough for your pals to snap a posterity shot or two. I've gotta think that this is the biggest play hole on the Eagle right now ...and just out the back door. Let me know your thoughts if there's anything as big elsewhere on the Eagle. Oh, one word of caution - I think Charlie once mentioned it having rebar in it. I did not see anything over the winter when it was trickling and Stevo said he's been in it at low water without a steel sighting either but beware that it's a possibility.

:D chris

·
Registered
851 Posts
I paddled it today. It is unreal. We are headed back tonight and will post some pics. It surfs well but catching it is a bit tough. I got 5 out of 12 times about. I just built a mini ramp to see if we can pull up. This is the biggest wave around right now. At least near eagle county. be back around 6pm tonight if you are around.

hobie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts