Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Rockwood like at the current level? I've run it low a few times and at 1500 (town gauge) once. I don't remember a big hole in the last rapid but it may be in play now (2400). Anyone have some beta?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
820 Posts
The hole two Rapids above the takeout is only an issue at high water (2500 or higher tall timbers). There is a hole center left there right now but you can go around it or boof it. You would have to screw up pretty badly to have problems.

The hardest rapid right now is mandatory thrashing, the first rapid in the gorge. At 1500-2000 at tall timbers, there is a big hole center right. You can go center left, but watch for the flakes coming out as the water drops. Scout from above. If center left does not look good, then go far right (which you cannot see from above) or just take the hero line and boof the hole.

It's super nice in there right now with filled but mellow flows and warm water.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hole two Rapids above the takeout is only an issue at high water (2500 or higher tall timbers). There is a hole center left there right now but you can go around it or boof it. You would have to screw up pretty badly to have problems.

The hardest rapid right now is mandatory thrashing, the first rapid in the gorge. At 1500-2000 at tall timbers, there is a big hole center right. You can go center left, but watch for the flakes coming out as the water drops. Scout from above. If center left does not look good, then go far right (which you cannot see from above) or just take the hero line and boof the hole.

It's super nice in there right now with filled but mellow flows and warm water.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts