Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
rockwood box is good to go. Paddled it sat. and had so much fun we ran it again on sun. It has some super good creek lines at these levels if you want them. Its so beautiful in there right now too. The hike out wasn't bad either, a little snow but nothing hard core. It's a great place to get in early season shape.

·
Registered
619 Posts
What does that first hole look like at this level...the "entrance Hole?" I remember the first time I ran the Upper Animas (only time) and that hole was all I thought about while coming down the river.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Steven---i'm glad you chimmed in. I'm making plans for this summer and need to call Derek tonight to find out when he is coming. Leslie wants to make a trip to Tennessee but it looks like a good time to be over in your neck of the woods will be May 13-16. We won't have too much time and we will may have to bring the little one, but hopefully that will be enough time to get some boating in and yeah, the Animas. If it's not too stomping, i would like to check out the uncompagre gorge.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
jonny water said:
What does that first hole look like at this level...the "entrance Hole?" I remember the first time I ran the Upper Animas (only time) and that hole was all I thought about while coming down the river.
right now at lower water it's no problem, there is a Sick slot move there too now. at low water there is a lot of eddies to hop down. so many moves to be had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts