Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the line at entrance the same at 4000+? hug the right wall? any other changes in rockwood at high water? been in years ago at 4000, seems like i remember running the same line at entrance as always...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeah, does the right line go at higher flows? We scouted from the tracks at 3000 and ran the left side which had a tounge through the hole you could crash through. I imagine the tongue would get bigger at 4000 but get some better beta. Couldn't see the right side.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looked at it at over 6000 in town a couple days ago. The center curler looked burly, but would likely flush you out upside down.
Joe

·
Registered
147 Posts
I prefer to go rt all the time except at real low flows there is a nice boof far left.

If anyone happens to find my boat down there, kindly recycle it. Unless Nemo is having fun w/ it in which case he can have it if he gives me back my new watershed stow float. Don't get lazy down there at high water!!

PARKER

·
no tengo
1,876 Posts
anyone happens to find my boat down there, kindly recycle it. Unless Nemo is having fun w/ it in which case he can have it if he gives me back my new watershed stow float. Don't get lazy down there at high water!!

PARKER
tell us the story eric!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gettin' juicy in the Box

When it was 8200 in town a few years ago the middle line was the go on Mandatory. Pretty much just a float through. Red Rock was a little nasty but the rapids to keep an eye on are the last couple before the takeout. They were pretty much a jumble of exploding water and holes. Not the place to get beat up as the take out came on ya real quick. Might be worth having a bag down there so you didn't wash past if things got ugly. Scary but totally worth it.

W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts