Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocker or Jefe?
I need some feedback on which creeker to buy. I have sat in both and like both. I am trying to pick one up in the next couple of months and want to be confidenent in my purchase. I have my own opinions, but would love to hear everyone elses. So lets go!!! I will be using it as a big water boat, on waterfalls, and safety kayaking.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I love my jefe when I'm creeking/ running waterfalls but sometimes I feel it is a little slow in big water, but it still works fine because most of the time I creekin. Maybe try the critical mass for big water as it is longer/ faster. If you are going to be boofing from high up I don't like the burn just because of the flat bottom=harder hit. Its all personal preference so go out and try the boats out on the river. hope this helps.
-Tom

·
Registered
652 Posts
Man, asking for boat advice on the buzz. Beware all the Dagger groupies.

It's a tough call between the Rocker & the Jefe. The Jefe was clearly the most popular boat before the Rocker came out. But, the Rocker has the better plastic. It really makes a difference if you do serious creeking. The Jefe's soft plastic scratches a lot. I see that most top creekers are buying the Rocker. Also, I think that the second version of the Rocker, which came out this year is an improvement and they've got the design down.

·
Registered
273 Posts
"I see that most top creekers are paddeling the Rocker" U R Dumb Basil

Where do you go to see these top creekers? What makes you a top creeker? A top creeker, like Tao Berman, or a top creeker like Adrock?

The rocker plastic is NOT better, not even close. I've seen more Jackson boats broken this year than any other boat. They suck, and they are not worthy of all the hype. My freind has broken 3 of them this year, and one of them the bulk head broke while we were at gore. He has been offered free boats and is seriously quesitoning it. I said "If I offered you a free piece of shit would you take it" He said. . . yes.

Anyways, the Habbitat is the bomb, best ever. And all the negative vibes have left the building over at wave sport. I know it was in the shitter a month ago, but I just delt with the warenty process and I have to say I was very very impressed. He looked up my account, I picked out a boat, he put it in the mail, I'm picking it up next Friday. No questions asked and I got to speak with a real person on every phone call. WS is BACK!

In conclusion the habbitat is the bomb. Basil is a wanker. I never want to be a "top" creeker, and the buzz has been very very boring lately. \

I do have a class V date report comming out soon with my special girl. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Have lotsa Creekers on Sale

Give us a Call at 4 Corners Riversports in Durango, we have all of our creek boats going on sale Saturday at considerable discounts, we have a couple left of most models. Thanks, Tony 1-800-426-7637 4CRS

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Man, asking for boat advice on the buzz. Beware all the Dagger groupies.

It's a tough call between the Rocker & the Jefe. The Jefe was clearly the most popular boat before the Rocker came out. But, the Rocker has the better plastic. It really makes a difference if you do serious creeking. The Jefe's soft plastic scratches a lot. I see that most top creekers are buying the Rocker. Also, I think that the second version of the Rocker, which came out this year is an improvement and they've got the design down.

dagger groupies do you mean people that buy boats worth buying? cause i say first hand jackson boats break...

i slide, rock spin, boof every rock in the river in my dagger agent 6.2 and its still in great condition, why would you buy shitty blissstick plastic jackson plastic? +

either jefe or another company the new pyrahnas have sick plastic. unless you creek in high water flows were you wont touch rocks don't buy jackson.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have seen all the creek boats mentioned above, broken. They break, so what? Buy the boat that makes you a better boater. Demo each and decide. I am however unconvinced that ws is back. Call me skeptical.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got a Jefe now...I love it for creeks. I would certainly recommend it over the Rocker out of your two choices. However, as some have already brought up, the Jefe is sometimes a bit slow in bigger water.

I hate bringing in other boats, but...

I also used to paddle a Gus. It's a good bit longer than the Jefe, so it definately has the good speed and tracking for bigger water. Its speed requires getting used to, though. That boat wants to take off wherever it is. It does great in smaller low-volume creeks, but you'll need to get a feel for how it behaves catching eddies and making ferries, etc.

Cheers,

Will

·
Registered
86 Posts
Creek boat

do yourself a big favor...listen to the advise and feedback that you are asking for on the Buzz...then rent or demo a few of the boats you have narrowed it down to. What works for one boater, fit, comfort, control and on and on does not work for everyone else. Demo the boat where you can roll it in moving water and can roll it both strong and weak side. If you can roll it with confidence, you will run just about anything because you have very little doubt that you will swim! On the other hand, I have had a few creek boats that did great on the river, the big drops, small creeks, Tech runs, but it was sometimes 50/50 if i could make it roll in a clutch situation! I feel that all the new boats are worth what you pay for them. yes, some plastic is better than others, some outfitting is better than others, some boof better, but it is all about how you feel in the boat and how it performs (or how you can make it perform!) on the class of river you choose to run! Good Luck on your choice and keep the bottom side down..(smile)..cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
Skinny Fish

Depending on how much you weigh a Mystic might be a good option. The Burn IMO is a great boat on larger volume creeks. The Jeffe and the Rocker are great on Med or smaller volume creeks. However they may feel a bit tuggy on bigger H2O. The Mystic rules both classes. Moderate rocker & soft edges= the perfect combination. The Mystic will fit the Med and Large sized paddler.

cheers
mike hagadorn
summit Bliss-Stick

·
Registered
843 Posts
I move from an old salto to a jefe this year and was pleased with its performance once I moved the seat forward a nut hair. After this adjustment I didn't have any speed issues. I beat her up pretty good this year mainly on smaller creeks like the pueblo and bear creek and didn't have any plastic issues.

I always thought jackson had great plastic until I saw 2 get destroyed on bear. But bear is mank below 250

Look forward to paddling the jefe again next year.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ah, the age old question! Which one to buy?

I have a rocker and love it. The plastic has held up for me very well even on some very hard hits where I thought that I may have cracked or caved in the nose. It is a relatively fast boat, great on boofs and punches holes with little effort. Thats all I can tell you is my personal accounts. I like the boat for what I use it for, class IV-V creeking/river running.

But I would say demo demo demo!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jefe is all you'll need

I've paddled both, and the jefe is the hands down winner between the 2 by far. But in my personal opinion i would go with the Riot Magnum, its really responsive, and at the same time it'll give when your in a sticky situation. Magnum all the way

1 - 20 of 35 Posts