Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up... the rock in the drop above the Boulder Playpark (the drop right above the dam at the start of the playpark) has shifted again. Nice roostertail comming off of it and it's about right in the middle of the "normal" line now. To bypass, you can bumped & scrape down the far right of that drop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
its worth taking a look at, since none of the lines are real clean now. i floated down the normal center/ left line with no scout and sorta fell into a little pocket but floated through, i watched as my buddy dropped in, hit the rock, stalled for 2 seconds with water pouring over his back, and then dropped into the hole below, rolled, and limped around on a sore/broken toe the rest of the day.

maybe a creeker runs through nicely, but the blunt nose of a playboat will grab. level was 270ish, with more water it all flushes through as the pocket is filled.

be careful on the sides as well, lots of piton potential. have fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
buttress run

Anyone down for a buttress run tomorrow evening? End of bike trail down to play park or libary?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Isn't the far right nothing but rocks:confused:,or do you mean right side of the tongue?I have run it in kayak and ducky several times this year without incident,usually more or less straight down the middle.Can't you just adjust a little to the left when you see the roosertail?How bad is it minor piton or potential vertical pin?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran far right (scrape and bounce down the rocks)

The rock producing the roostertail has been shifting left, and is more in the main channel of the drop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts