Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going boating with some beginners this weekend. They’re all fairly new boaters and some will be in duckies. They’ll be dressed warm enough for swims and are pretty gung-ho. Cemetery shouldn't give them any problems but I'm interested to hear opinions about Toothache and Woody Creek. I’ve never run either of these sections personally.

·
Registered
587 Posts
RF

It's good to go. There's a pullout for scout at Toothache on w-bound divided
highway. Call Rift Raft or Blazing Paddles for the mile marker. What I would say is get a good look at the Snowmass Canyon takeout at the bridge aproxx 2 miles north of Basalt. You do not want to float under the C-DOT bridge down stream. It has pylons 10' apart running diagonally across the current.
The river can be completely blocked by trees/debris sometimes submerged and there's almost always a rescue or two there every year. Piss poor planning by CDOT. As there's some really fun stuff just downstream. Sort of a playpark created by irrigation weirs and manmade fish habitats. House
margi's and nachos are pretty good at the Woody Creek Tavern on the patio
afterwards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Whip, we're leaving tomorrow and I was starting to think that no one had any more info on Woody Creek.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts