Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to head to the Roaring Fork Valley this weekend. It looks like Slaughterhouse is running but the gauges below for Woody Creek/Toothache are much lower. Is there a diversion there? Are the gauges incorrect? Can someone enlighten me about that section being runnable in the next few days? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Looking to head to the Roaring Fork Valley this weekend. It looks like Slaughterhouse is running but the gauges below for Woody Creek/Toothache are much lower. Is there a diversion there? Are the gauges incorrect? Can someone enlighten me about that section being runnable in the next few days? Thanks in advance!
Using this gauge?

American Whitewater - Gauge - ROARING FORK RIVER BELOW MAROON CREEK NEAR ASPEN

I ran it on Tues at ~380. Super low but totally doable, really fun. Supergnar hair boater coulda boofed the falls, but the piton placement and lack of alternate lines had us walking around.

There are diversions below Woody Creek, but we still ran that lower ~4 mile section. Probably wouldn't bother with that part again, but hope to hit Slaughterhouse at least once more this year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ran it on Tues at ~380. Super low but totally doable, really fun. Supergnar hair boater coulda boofed the falls, but the piton placement and lack of alternate lines had us walking around.

dont need to be a supergnar boater to run falls, it goes fine at any level, go left. Flows will be good this weekend, and everything below will go too. The gauges on AW are f'd up for below, there is more water than in slaughter, snowmass creek adds to flow and few other small tributaries. have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts