Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

Need some input- I'm planing to take my in laws (in their 60's, never been rafting) and my 3 year old (can't swim) on the roaring fork from Carbondale to two rivers (he's only been on ruby horse thief).

I haven't been on this section of the Roaring Fork in more than ten years. Has anything changed? As I recall it's read and run with one little wave train?

We're in a 14' nrs expedition, set up with a stern-oar-rig. I'll have a couples of paddles up front but don't think they'll see much use.

Planing this for second weekend in August.

Appreciate you input.

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should be fine. Just be alert when you get to the Cemetery rapid. It does have some boulders in the rapid with wave trains to negotiate. Other than that, the rest of the run is class II...

Have Fun!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just did the float last night. Nothing much going on. Cemetery is read and run - it changes with level but in general start middle work right, miss the BFR's. Biggest hazard this time of year is low water / getting stuck on a rock bars. There are several "traps" that can be tricky to get off of so keep your eyes way down stream and watch for irrigation diversions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts