Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my Dad are taking a road trip from Albuquerque New Mexico to Bishop CA then to San Diego. We are looking to paddle some III-IV near Yosemite and Mammoth. Anyone have any tips on what rivers to look at? We leave Friday and have till the following Friday. Are there any paddling communities in Bishop that we can connect with to find shuttles and boating buddies?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right now? Just the lower Tuolumne. Nothing happening around Bishop, we have the worst snowpack in recorded history at the moment.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a USGS link for flow data? Do you have any info about the Kern?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Me and my Dad are taking a road trip from Albuquerque New Mexico to Bishop CA then to San Diego. We are looking to paddle some III-IV near Yosemite and Mammoth. Anyone have any tips on what rivers to look at? We leave Friday and have till the following Friday. Are there any paddling communities in Bishop that we can connect with to find shuttles and boating buddies?
In a week, you'll have water on the Pit, North Feather and the north coast. Nothing near Bishop or Yosemite, other than low flows on the Tuolumne. 800 CFS is pretty bony. Southern Sierra snowpack (Kern, Kaweah) is even worse.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Tips: The guide book "Best Whitewater In California (Holbeck and Stanley)(which might not be the current standard) was a tad bit sandbagged.

Great memories from those trips to Cali. Hope you find some water.

-d

1 - 7 of 7 Posts