Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the Grand Canyon and delaying my return to Canada until it warms up a bit there. Want to try some rivers in Colorado. Currently in Grand Junction but thinking of heading to Durango area for a few days, then maybe to BV for the Numbers next weekend. Could head as far south as Taos Box before then.

Who's paddling, where, this week?

Thanks,

G

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's still pretty low water, although by the end of the week we might start to see levels rising. The Piedra might be a good choice, but it'd be a heck of a drive from GJ. Shoshone and Westwater are both pretty close to you.

Those are all III-IV runs IIRC (Shoshone might just be III, and westy only has one IV).

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
The Animas is in. Crystal River Narrows, Gilman Gorge on the Eagle, lower Gore Creek (Vail) is about to come in and that leads you into Dowd Chute....

I live in BV and the releases on the Ark have dropped off. It should rise by next weekend, but I wouldn't count on it being a great flow because it's still mostly dam controlled until the melt really kicks in.

A southward road trip would be worthwhile right now. Animas, Piedra and down to Taos. Hit the lower Box and Racecourse and if your feeling brave the Embudo is in.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hit the Lochsa on one of your final stops if you've never been there.
It's good now, gonna be smokin' by US memorial weekend in 2 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts