Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I will be getting out of school in the beginning of May and driving up to Jackson Hole from Prescott, AZ. We decided to take the long way and a week and a half or so, so that we can get some paddling in. Any suggestions for class II-III day/half-day runs on our northbound trip through CO? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am a PC grad. I live in Carbondale CO. There are quite a few II/III runs in the valley here, depending on the flow. I dont know what route your thinking of taking but I think you would like what the valley has to offer. Ask me any questions you might have.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll bet there's a few Prescotteers on here ... A few down in Salida which you should make one of your stops. Also a day or so in Durango. I didn't know there was anyone else in bonedale. But this is a good area for II III runs - my favorite is toothache on the Roaring Fork.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about a good river guidebook so that we can map out where it is that we'll be going. Specific run suggestions would also be great. As always, local knowledge is usually a good thing...
Thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ideas

If you can swing by N. NM on your way up, hit the Rio Grande, some great day sections (Racecourse II/III is one).
While up at Jackson, take some time and hit a few rivers on the Idaho side of the Tetons. The Fall river near Ashton, ID has a great class II/III run. Make it a longer trip and head out to Salmon, Idaho for some excellent day runs (II/III).
Let me know if you need more info. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts