Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the road from Myton, UT into Sand Wash is lately? Got a trip coming up and just wondering if anyone has been into the putin since all the rains and flash flooding in Utah within the last couple weeks. Thanx

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Might want to check in again after Friday as we are about to experience another round of epic rains from the remnants of a pacific/baja hurricane. Except this time its from a Class 4 hurricane:

·
Super Moderator
4,227 Posts
Looks like the ground will be well saturated in the mountains when the snow flies. That'll help next year's runoff.

Thanks for posting that Phillip.

-AH

·
Registered
52 Posts
Three weeks ago, we had a deso trip. The roads were passable, but really rough from the rain and heavy oil field truck traffic. Mostly 15 to 25 mph driving. If you're lucky, maybe the oil field companies will have graded them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Was there last week. Road beat up but drivable, some kid made it in his small car. Ranger said she expected BLM to blade the lower section 'soon'. Obvious signs of washing, heavy rain would probably be a knock out for anything but a sturdy 4x4. Price BLM would be a good call to make. I was told by BLM at SandWash that RiverRunnersTransport is now the only approved shuttle op. I would use only them anyway, and would trust Melanie's judgement. She would be a better person to call than BLM.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Price BLM gave me very bad info about the condition of the roads the morning of the day I drove in back on the 9th. Yes, the rain event was still happening but sheesh, the roads were not "fine". Especially coming in from the Nine Mile Canyon road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts