Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
We launched at Boundary Creek on the 16th... What a beautiful week of huge waves, great hotsprings and perfect weather. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble in Velvet, I think our 20+ groups only swims were at the bottom of Lake Creek and through Pistol (an IK) and one in one of the IV's before Rubber. We had a dog stung by a scorpion (thought it was a rattlesnake until they got him to the vet on Monday) at Hospital Bar- he pulled through like a champ- but it was otherwise a great trip. I can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im pretty damn sure they dont have scorpions on the middle fork, but there are a buttload of snakes. I think your vet has been smokin the stuff.

·
Registered
795 Posts
We all made it through the Middle safely with amazing stories and great new friends....Our Velvet experience will be a story I tell for a lifetime. Leland wrote it well, she was beefy.

The Oregon TR was pretty sweet, great photo's.... A couple/few weeks of paddlin' with a "Jeb".....how can you beat that? :cool:

·
Cpt. No Scout
517 Posts
One time at pruitts castle camp on the lower Owyhee, I found a scorpion. It was all of 2" long and under my tent. But, I have never seen a scorpion in Idaho. Sounds like a good rummor that we start.

"The scorpians are almost as thick as the wolves in Idaho, So, if you come out this way, plan on being eatin by wolves or die in your sleep by scorpian." ;-)

Spead the word...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts